"The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world that it leaves to its children."
FOSTERING CHRISTIAN GLOBAL ENGAGEMENT THROUGH INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION & LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
The mission of the Center for Faith & Global Education is to mobilize, train and equip Christians with the intercultural competencies, knowledge of global issues, and leadership skills needed for effective service and ministry around the world. The Center also seeks to promote the principles of Christ-centered, servant-leadership in all areas of international affairs as an effective means for resolving critical global problems and bringing credibility and acceptance to the Gospel message.
Goals & Objectives
CFGE achieves its mission with a dynamic group of programs that have the following goals and objectives:
- To inspire, motivate and prepare Christians of all ages for active participation in global affairs through international education and training.
- To help Christians discover their role in God’s global plan to bring hope, reconciliation, compassion and justice to a broken world.
- To produce internationally-competent Christians who have the global view, language and cross-cultural communication skills, regional expertise, and practical field experience to work effectively in countries around the world.
- To give new generations of Christians the theological foundation and practical knowledge for productive service in the interrelated areas of: peacemaking and reconciliation, poverty alleviation and transformational development, and environmental stewardship (Creation Care).
- To develop future leaders who have a good understanding of the theory and practice of servant-leadership from both a Christian and intercultural perspective.
- To better prepare Christian leaders for the geopolitical realities that they will face overseas and at home so they can manage future professional and ministry situations with greater effectiveness and sophistication.
- To provide meaningful exchange opportunities with students, academics and everyday people in order to promote friendships, intercultural understanding, and exposure to a Christian worldview and values.
- To provide opportunities for honest dialogue over cultural and sociopolitical differences so that genuine understanding, common ground, and mutual trust can develop between people with different worldviews.
- To cultivate a vision for international service among the program participants that would motivate a larger number of them to plan and prepare for future professional careers and ministry in strategic areas of the world.